Friday 9 February 2018

Hebrews 2:3 How shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him.

How shall we escape? Prior to verse three, the author of Hebrews is telling us of how every transgression and disobedience has received a just reward. I’ve seen first hand the destruction of sin, as I’m sure most of us have. I certainly don’t want to head back there, but I can also see at times in my life some sort of complacency creeping in and accompanying the complacency is a lack of urgency. This leads to a loss of passion and zeal. I must give the more earnest head to the things which I have heard lest I drift away.Give earnest head to what? How about to Jesus. A man that spent His life serving others and being submissive to God all the way to the cross. So that our sins may be placed on Jesus and the father having to turn away from Him, forsake Him. Not for anything He had done but because our sin was covering Him and God could no longer look upon Him. Jesus taking our punishment. Don’t neglect so great a salvation. I no longer want to walk in a manner that is lacking in passion because I neglect this great gift God has given us.

Application: Grab one of my teammates and share this with him and pray that God would stir in our hearts stoking the fire that is already within us and breathing passion and compassion into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment