Friday 5 January 2018

Romans 12:4-5 For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another.

Being a part of any ministry you will begin to notice how the whole body works together in unison with the Holy Spirit and it goes deeper than the worship team, pastors and any administration. Though that is part of it there's still more to be seen. When some people may be down God may lead someone to speak a word of encouragement . If someone is stepping off course God may lead someone to bring correction . The body of Christ when working in unison is beautiful. But recently I've witnessed a team that needed God to be a physician and tell why we're sickly and not doing well and what we can do to get well. When a human body becomes sick, it does everything it can to fight against this foreign virus that's plaguing the body though sometimes the only way to rid the body of sickness is with medicine. I witnessed that happen first hand and I myself needed a healthy dose of correction. It's amazing what truth can do to help the body of Christ move forward from whatever it is that's plaguing it whether that be jealousy, envy, or entitlement . When the body of Christ becomes sick due to sin, the only medicine is to look to Christ.

Application: Being a follower of Christ, I must recognize that my life is not my own. I need to be in submission to Christ and when I find myself thinking I deserve anything, I must look to Christ and realize that His love poured out is something that I don't deserve. To remind myself I will find as many statements of Paul's that says "Paul, a bondservant" or a slave of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment