Sunday 17 December 2017

Romans 1:16 NKJV For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.

This verse is very powerful and carries a lot of weight and when I find myself with a lack of boldness, this verse has a way of piercing into my soul. The Word is alive and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. This verse to me makes that so much more real to me. Speaking the words "I am unashamed of the Gospel of Christ" sparks a fire in me and I pray that I would allow this Word to sink deeper into my heart. For it is the power of God.. Takes this verse to the next level. It takes virtually all responsibility off of me. All I have to do is allow the Lord to use me and He does the rest. It's the Power of God, not of Kenny. All I have to do is allow the Spirit of God to move within me to lead me and guide me and He does the rest. I don't bring salvation. It is the power of God. I lose sight of that and think too often that there is some sort of formula I must follow and I end up over complicating things. I just need to be a channel in which the power of God may flow.

Application: I will write on a piece of paper "For it is the power of God" and not the power of Kenny and keep it in my pocket for a week as a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment