Friday 29 December 2017

I Timothy 1:12-13 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

As Paul is writing this letter, he recounts his past. Though he used to be a blasphemer a persecuter and a insolent man, or in other words violent man, he obtained mercy because he did these things out of ignorance. He now recognizes that he has been enabled by Christ to be a faithful minister entrusted with the ministry that God placed before him and all of which by grace.  Reflecting on this scripture in light of some events that just took place, it highlights all the more how foolish I have been. I have not been acting in ignorance but in full light of what the ministry I'm under has done for me and even more so what Christ has done for me. I had been entrusted with a responsibility to be a part of a ministry that is touching the lives of others and I had lost sight of that. Not conducting myself as a faithful servant and not holding myself to a higher standard. Not fully wrapping my head around the fullness of the situation that I'm in.

Application: I will write on a piece of paper "Honor the Lord by honoring those who sacrifice themselves by sacrificing yourself for others" and keep it in my pocket for at least a week to remind me not only the sacrifice that Christ made once and for all but to remind myself of all the hard work and sacrifice being done for the kingdom of God and to be more directly relatable to remind me of those that are laying their life down for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment