Saturday 9 December 2017

Hebrews 12:3-4 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

It's easy to become tired of doing the norm, the every day tasks, those tedious tasks that just tend to suck it out of you. It's easy to become tired of listening to those who are over you, or tired of always having to be nice and making sure you say hi to people when really you just don't want to see anyone. It's easy to become tired of fighting against what your flesh desires. With all of that being said, I can let all of that eat me alive or I can set it all aside, laying it all down at the feet of Jesus looking unto Him who endured so much more then I ever will. Looking unto the One who loves me so much that He was willing to endure the pain, endure the shame, and ultimately take my sin upon His back and carry it painfully to the cross. Being seperated from the father which had to be the most painful of all. I have not resisted sin, no had been striving against it to the point of bloodshed. Looking back at the garden of Gethsemane, Jesus knowing what was ahead of Him, asking the father if the cup may pass from Him, even sweating blood from the thought of what was to come, and submitting to the will of the Father even though He wanted so bad to not go through what He did. He layed His life down so that I may have forgiveness of sins. I can look to that for endurance, lest I become weary.

Application: I will write down the verses from Luke 22:39-45 and as I go through out the week, if I become discouraged or frustrated or anything of the likes, I will have these verses to reflect on.

No comments:

Post a Comment