Saturday 9 December 2017

Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and sin which so easily ensnares us and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy set before Him endured the cross despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I love reading these verses and then looking around to see my brothers knowing that as I read "surrounded by so great a cloud of witness" they are just that- a great cloud of witnesses and I'm blessed to be able to call them my brothers. With that being said, I have people who I can trust that Imay confess my sins and my shortcommings to allowing me to lay down the sin, casting it before the Lord as Iconfess it to my brothers. By doing so Iam able to run the race that is before me free in Christ with endurance. Iknow I must look to the Lord who is the author and finisher of my faith to gain strength and to just look upon His life to gain understanding and instruction that I may continue in this race running strong. The Joy that was set before Him was to be back with the father, but Ialso believe part of that joy was to restore us to the Father as well. Iknow that Ican look to those things as motivation to keep me pushing looking forward to the joy of being with the father and the joy of being with my brothers and sisters in Christ spending an eternity with them in the presence of our Lord.

Application: I will share with someone what a blessing it is to be surrounded by so many people that follow the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment