Sunday 17 December 2017

Ezekiel 3:17‭-‬18 NKJV “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me: When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man  shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand.

This is quite a strong exhortation and a huge responsibility to keep. This puts a fresh perspective on what it is we are called to do as those who follow Christ. We are to bring warning to those who are perishing. Those who are enslaved to sin and are walking on the path of destruction need Jesus and we are called to bring the Good News to people even if we think we know they're going to reject it. It's not up to us to decide whether or not a person will receive the Word of God. If the Lord places upon my heart to speak a Word to someone I must be willing to deliver that Word to them because it's truly life or death. I don't always have that perspective and I don't always recognize the severity of the wrath of those who don't walk with Jesus will face. I need to be more open to what the Spirit of God may need and step out of the way if the Lord has a Word for someone even if I think they may not receive the Word.

Application: I will share this IBS and Pray with one of my teammates

No comments:

Post a Comment